Saturday 27 February 2016

Video: LifeCall - a CPAS day conference on Young Vocations


NOTES FROM THE DAY
  • It is fundamental to call others to God.
  • All disciples are called to serve God; secondary calling is what I'm called to in particular. And my calling is not 'ordained ministry', it's more specific than that
  • college as an ordinand - formation and academia. Discern with fellow ordinands
  • show potential for growth and development
  • encourage others and nurture their gifts
  • the ministry of an ordained priest is to focus, enable, equip and release others
  • "Being at home in God"
  • setting boundaries that are unnatural to an extrovert
  • the complexity of the CofE is in its diverse experiences
  • one foot in the world is important
  • Sacrifices of the ordained - strained/unsure/complicated boundaries, not being able to switch off, loneliness, others' perception, not being able to put down roots
  • the theological understanding 'ordination' is debated and contested. It's a moment of consecration, that can be viewed on a wide spectrum from sacramental to just authorisation for a function. It is at a base level an affirmation by the church
  • there could be opportunity to do work experience in a chaplaincy
  • military chaplaincy is a niche calling and so should be explored
  • my deeper understanding of myself can summed in
    • morality
    • supporting passions
    • understanding and providing tools to help others understand
TO DO
  • ask others what my spiritual gifts are
Art at Christ the King, Kettering.
"Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:6

QUESTIONS FOR ME TO ANSWER (in another blog post)
  • Am I willing to submit to God's will if it's not ordination?
  • What is my leadership style?
  • What is my heart's desire?
  • What are my motivations?
  • How has God used me already?
  • What is the way God calls me?
    • OPPORTUNITY right step at right time, with a feeling to back it up
  • What is the Gospel to me?
  • How do I know when it is God talking?
  • What is the church here for?
Emma from CPAS, me, and Jenny the Cranmer ordinand. Great gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment