Monday 6 June 2016

NEWS - why I've been on blog hiatus

Anyone who reads this blog regularly will know that I have not posted in a unusually long time. This is not because nothing has been happening with my vocation, you'll hopefully be glad to hear. There are in fact six different things that have happened since my Spiritual retreat on Holy Island, but because I've basically been under an 'injunction' to refrain from sharing the news about the one BIG thing, and the one-big-thing impacts my entire perspective of basically everything else, I have not wanted to share about the other things whilst dancing around the one-big-thing.

If that makes sense in English.

So in brief, the six things that have happened are

  • THE BIG THING - I have been offered and accepted the post of Pastoral Assistant at St Martin-in-the-Fields for a year starting in September

  • I met with the rector of St James' Piccadilly to discuss this job and where next to take my discernment process
  • I went to yet another church to experience a different type of service, and it was my first experience of a conservative, evangelical church, and my outfit made it a little exciting!
  • I had a meeting with the vicar of SMITF which was an interesting experience
  • I had a second meeting with the curate of SJP
  • I went on my first parish weekend away with SJP
As this is quite a lot, and normally I would have blogged each separately as I went (and I appreciate I have let myself down a tad by not writing drafts as I went, ready for the lifting of the 'injunction', as this blog is supposed by an account written as it happens, not in retrospect), I won't write a massive long blog that no one is going to read. I'm not working at the moment so I'll write separate posts for each thing over the next few weeks.

To sum up though...

I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED ABOUT MY NEW JOB WHICH IS EXACTLY WHERE I SHOULD BE AAAH!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! God is very good indeed! I pray that this will be everything you are searching for and more. It sounds exactly perfect for you and I hope it gives you greater knowledge and experience on your journey through discernment.

    ReplyDelete