Sunday 19 March 2017

Video: Going to see the bishop


For those who are astute, you'll notice that this meeting and video took place on Ash Wednesday and I am posting this quite a way into Lent. Apologies for that; I'll lay no excuses.

But it does mean I can tell you the good news that I have a BAP date! I'm all set to go in June, so these last few weeks have setting off on the epic adventure of the paperwork involved, which I might cover in a later post. I'm also arranging to go see colleges, so it's feeling really  real!

So watching this video several weeks later in the knowledge of the certainty of my BAP, here are the points I want to remind myself of:

  • Remember that BAP examiners are real people rather than the 2D constructs in my head
  • I should probably practice one-on-ones a bit more
  • Make sure I prep reading my paperwork beforehand
  • Reacquaint myself with 'what a priest is'
  • Work on my answer to 'where are you ecclesiastically'

I'll hopefully be catching up with a few more posts soon.


1 comment: